There are times when you need to share your location with others. You may be traveling in Spain and want someone else to know when you are traveling or simply share an address in a simple way. On Android, there are several methods with which you can do this, with various applications.
Here are the ways we have available to share location on Android at any time. If you want someone else to have access to your location at that time, you can easily use one of them on your phone. Since many depend on apps that we usually use on our mobile.
Share location using Google Maps
The best-known way to share locations for many users is to use Google Maps, in fact, the app updated the interface of this feature a while ago. It's a simple way to be able to do it because in a couple of simple steps you can send your location to someone else. Also, Google Maps is an application that we use regularly on Android. The steps to be able to do this are:
- Open Google Maps.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap The Share Location option.
- Accept the permissions.
- Choose who to send your location to.
- If you want to send it using other apps, select the app and then the contact to send it to.
WhatsApp also gives us the possibility to share our location with other people, a feature that has been available in the messaging app for several years now. This is something we can do in our conversations, so we send it to a person. Although we can also do this in private chats or group chats. The steps to do this in the app:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Enter the conversation where you want to share the location.
- Tap the clip icon (to attach something).
- Choose the Location option.
- Select the Real-time Location option or choose a site from the list.
- Send your location.
Also on Telegram, we have the possibility to share location with other people in a simple way. This feature came to the popular messaging app three years ago, so surely many of you have already used this feature on your account. The steps to do this in the app are:
- Open Telegram on your phone.
- Enter the chat where you want to share the location.
- Tap the button to attach or share something.
- Choose Location.
- Select whether you want to share it directly or set a time limit.
- Share that location.
Trusted Contacts app
Google has two Contacts apps available for Android users. In addition to the Contacts app that we already know, the company has Trusted Contacts, which has been designed so that you can have only those close contacts, such as your family. In this app we can share information with those people, among the options is location sharing. It may be another option to consider, as your trusted contacts can also ask you to show them the location.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Choose which of your contacts you want to be Trusted Contacts.
- Click the More button.
- Choose whether you want to send your location to one or all.
- Select the contact.
- Share your location.
In this app, the location will be sent in the form of an alert, so those people will receive a notification. This is an app that is used regularly in emergencies, so it is an option to consider in those situations. If you have missed or feel unsure, then you can resort to it and thus send your location to those people, following the steps mentioned above. Also in cases where you are going to be in an area where the signal is bad, you can send that location.