Pokémon GO continues to break records in the pandemic



It was four years since Pokémon GO arrived in Spain and became one of the most successful and popular games on Android and iOS. Since then, the game has been known to remain a very popular option, thanks to the many new features that have been coming as the battles of coaches or this year with the option of being able to play without leaving home.

Since its release, Pokémon GO has been a game that has generated great revenue, except for a slight decline in 2017. Every year they have been earning higher incomes, with record included in 2019. This 2020 is being even more positive for the Niantic game, which sees the game surpass its revenue record, before the end of the year.

Pokémon GO surpasses $1 billion in revenue

In the first 10 months of 2020, Pokémon GO has earned revenue of $1 billion. This figure is a record for the game, already surpassing by 18% the revenue of all 2019, with two months to go before the end of the year. Niantic thus gets its best result in the four years that the game has been on the market.

Since its release in 2016, the game has only had one "bad year", which was in 2017 when its revenue stayed at $589 million, a 28% decline from 2016. In the years that follow, we've seen Niantic's gaming revenues rise to the $1 billion barriers by 2020. So far, the game has racked up $4.2 billion in revenue. Google Play is where they have earned the most revenue, as you've seen for a few years, 53.4% of the total in these years, while in the App Store you get the remaining 46.6%.



Pokémon GO has adapted to the world situation in 2020, by introducing new options that allow you to play from home, a good move in the middle of the pandemic, which has caused all kinds of confinements in the world. This has helped it remain a popular game. The game also accumulates more than 600 million downloads since its release.

One thing is clear, Pokémon GO may not have the same popularity as it was in 2016, but in these four years, the game has proven far from dead, being one of the most revenue-generating games in the world, breaking its record in 2020, in the middle of the pandemic.




Post a Comment

0 Comments