Kotick apologizes for “tone deaf” response, promises action following lawsuit

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.

Enlarge / Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. (credit: Flickr / bobby-kotick)

Ahead of Wednesday's planned "Walkout for Equality" among Activision Blizzard employees, CEO Bobby Kotick has issued a new statement criticizing the company's initial response as "tone deaf" and promising immediate and ongoing action on some issues raised by employees.

After acknowledging what he called a "difficult and upsetting week," Kotick praised the "courage" of employees who have come together so far. "We will do a better job of listening now and in the future," Kotick said. "It is imperative that we acknowledge all perspectives and experiences and respect the feelings of those who have been mistreated in any way. I am sorry that we did not provide the right empathy and understanding."

As part of a commitment to "long-lasting change," Kotick said the company will be taking the following actions immediately:

Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments


Post a Comment

0 Comments